Mount. Kailash (6714 m) - one of the very popular mountain peak of Tibet, which is also known by the name of Tise, Kailash or Kang Rinpoche (Jewel of the Snows) has since time immemorial been celebrated in many eastern cosmologies as Mt. Meru, the axis-mundi. Mt.Meru (Kailash) is sacred to the hindus, the buddhists, the Jains, & the Bonpos, taken as the center of the physical & metaphysical universe.
Our Tibetan guide meets you at the airport and escorts you to the main city (Lhasa) which is 98 km away from the airport. In Lhasa, we make two days guided sightseeing tour for two days that covers almost all the highlighted places situated inside Lhasa. After that we start our journey to Mt. Kailash and lake Manasarovar via Gynatse, Shigatse and Sakya Monastery. As usual, “Lhasa to Mt. Kailash Tour” consists of a 3 days circumambulation around holy Mt. Kailash. The tour ends at Zhang-Mu.
The tour offers rigorous overland driving, trekking and camping, passing the remote and wild western Tibet , in altitudes between 2,745m/9,000ft and 4,880m / 16,000ft and hiking to a maximum of 5600m / 18,400ft.
Above Cost includes
- Pick up and drop from Kathmandu Air port to Kathmandu Airport.
- All meals, i.e. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, Veg or Non Veg.
- Visa Fees for Tibet
- All transports for Mansarover by Japanese Vehicle named Land Cruiser.
- Kathmandu and Nagarkot Sightseeing by Car / Van / Tourist bus.
- Accommodations in tourist standard hotels in Kathmandu.
- Porters and Guides.